If there’s one thing we know, it’s that we owe our success to our people and the special culture they’ve helped us build. We work hard, we celebrate our success, we develop and nurture our people and we know how to have fun. It’s one of the reasons that people love working with us, and our clients will tell you that we have some of the most talented and creative people in the business – and we’d agree.
We make no apology for boasting about our brilliant team and the great work we do. We are ambitious and made up of diverse personalities, each of whom shares our passion for delivering healthcare communications with a human touch. We are building an agency for the future, if you’re interested to learn more about Virgo, we’d love to hear from you.
Regulatory Operations Manager
New York, New York, United States
Regulatory Operations Manager
Virgo Health works for pharmaceutical, biotech, and device companies to inform and educate healthcare professionals about the latest developments in clinical research and therapeutic approaches. We leverage our meetings, digital, and interactive expertise to understand what’s easy and relevant for healthcare professionals to engage with. We tailor our content and design it to offer choice and active participation. Real, relevant, and human.
The regulatory operations manager oversees and supports the medical/legal/regulatory submission of high-quality medical education materials for multiple brands.
- Work with brand teams to prepare and submit completed digital and print creatives for medical/legal/regulatory (MLR) submissions
- Train and supervise junior staff members
- Establish and cultivate relationships with MLR counterparts to discuss submissions, MLR reviews, and any relevant updates
- Enforce industry standards for all MLR submissions per FDA/OPDP regulations and per Virgo Health and pharmaceutical client specifications
- Tag and link references in Veeva Vault and other client-specific systems for multiple brands
- Schedule and manage weekly or daily submission status meetings for multiple brands
- Establish and maintain an archiving system that tracks and records all submission files and final materials
- Request access to submission system for Virgo team members and maintain training records
- Communicate with teams and clients to resolve questions regarding submissions
- Excellent communication skills
- Is an integral member of the team, contributes to meetings, flags priorities, and helps drive deadlines
- Plans workload and proactively highlights resource gaps and recommends solutions
- Works within agreed deadlines and budgeted hours to complete projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Some familiarity with medical terminology and AMA style
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Experience with Veeva Vault
- Understanding of the MLR process and advanced knowledge of the annotating/referencing process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat (project planning software a plus)
- Competency in current and relevant computer-related technologies and applications
- Efficient, self-starter, quick study, flexible, and willing to evolve in this newly established role; committed to the integrity of each project
Level of Experience
- 3 years of experience at a healthcare communications agency, pharmaceutical advertising agency, or another highly regulated industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Team player
- Passionate commitment
- Professionalism and client focus
- Open communication
- Detail focus
- Embraces change
Key Performance Indicators
- Annual performance objectives and performance appraisal
- Quality of submitted materials
Salary Range: $70,000-$115,000
Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Virgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.