Associate Director – Pharma Comms
London, England, United Kingdom
About Virgo Health
Virgo Health is a is a specialist health communications agency with deep knowledge and experience in science, drug discovery and development, healthcare, clinical practice, regulatory issues, and consumer wellness. We are part of the GOLIN group and the wider IPG network of companies with more than 200 offices around the world and hubs in London, New York and Chicago.
We combine deep knowledge and experience in science, clinical practice, and public health with the best in consumer creative and branding – progressive, innovative and bold. Our high performing teams strive for excellence in everything they do and we are proud to be 2021 PR Week Healthcare and Pharma Awards Agency of the year. We have been a Great Place to Work 11 years in a row and in 2020 created the most awarded Healthcare PR campaign of the year, culminating in the PRCA Campaign of the Year.
Choosing to work in healthcare is choosing to work in an industry with people at its heart. This is fundamental to our Virgo culture of “Being Human”. We show empathy and support for each other to grow our skills. We celebrate our differences and how we complement each other, embracing inclusive and flexible ways of working and rejecting outdated workplace culture. We have a brilliant team that works well together to deliver great work and to celebrate its successes.
The team is excited to announce a new Associate Director position within the healthcare communications department!
What will you be doing?
- Lead development of strategic programmes, agreeing programme activity and financial arrangements with the client
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key clients and external stakeholders and identify opportunities to work in partnerships
- Ensure clients view Virgo as a strategic advisor, negotiating where appropriate to ensure programme is as effective as possible
- Set performance targets with the client, monitor account progress against targets and make necessary changes to achieve these
- Oversee the formulation and handling of issues management strategies and responses
- Take accountability for profitable management of accounts and team budget
- Provide strategic and tactical input into client proposals and present confidently at pitches and meetings
- Direct the team appropriately to address outside issues that may impact upon programme and client objectives
- Set expectations, standards and manage team members, coaching and developing them to achieve their potential
- Assist with recruitment and induction
- Proactively identify new business opportunities whilst also seeking out opportunities for organic growth
- Familiar with working across the full spectrum of pharmaceutical PR and in particular data and regulatory communications
- Good experience working in an agency leading global accounts, developing and implementing large scale plans
- Good knowledge of pharma industry and its regulations
- Business acumen to ensure profitability of accounts, forecasting and financial planning and to look for and drive organic growth
- Analytical skills and ability to drive strategy and direct client management
- Lead and develop high performing teams to deliver excellence
- Line management responsibilities
- Member of Leadership team helping build and grow business
- Ability to lead new business pitches
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Virgo Health. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.