New York, New York, United States
We are looking for an exceptional Director of Design with a passion for creativity and clarity in information communication. Your role will focus on establishing and assuring high-quality output from the design team for our healthcare clients. Through your work, you will demonstrate design-thinking, strategic expertise, and detail-obsessed executional flair.
Working within a relatively small and dynamic creative team, your role will expand to a broad set of design tasks. For both digital and print design output, you will lead a team of designers, collaborating closely with our cross-functional team to transform medical education into exceptional experiences by leveraging your expertise in design principles, information design, and communicating with impact.
We are seeking a curious, highly motivated self-starter who can execute to brief with remarkable fidelity and style. We want people who love presenting their own work, and willing to work with others to hone it to perfection.
Our ideal candidate will have exceptional knowledge of industry standard software and tools, including the full suite Microsoft office and the big three Adobe apps (Id, Ai & Ps).
Experience of motion design and video production including use of Adobe Pr and Ae is a bonus. A background in photography, illustration, or coding… even better!
· Overseeing production to brand guidelines across all design output
· Executing integrated campaigns across a wide range of media and platforms, especially in-person, video, social and digital experiences
· Prepare and sell in design ideas with client-ready presentations
· Provide direction, counsel, and inspiration for all design-led projects
· Work in concert with a wide range of departments including client services, strategy, scientific, creative, digital and motion
· Work effectively with external vendors and internal colleagues to complete projects within timeframe and budget
· Lead design vertical within broader creative team, including line-management of junior staff, supporting continuous professional development
· Outstanding design ability
· Artistic eye, original thinking, and creative ideas
· Versatile design aesthetic to inspire and reach a wide range of audiences
· Strategic insight and sensitivity to trends in popular culture and design
· Ability to take concepts from initial brief through to final print-ready artwork
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
· Expert knowledge of Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a must)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Great presentation skills
· Ability to prioritize and work within tight timeframes
· Strong people-management skills
· Highly motivated to work from own initiative
· Attention to detail
· Organized and logical
· Confident and proactive
Level of Experience
Minimum 7 years of studio/agency/in-house experience
Diploma or degree in graphic design or related subject
· Team player
· Detail focused.
Key Performance Indicators
· Time management; meeting deadlines
· Quality of work
· Anecdotal client and team feedback
· Annual performance objectives and performance appraisal
Virgo has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Virgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.