Senior/Principal Medical Writer – Medical Education, up to £70k
London, England, United Kingdom
Virgo Health is a specialist health communications agency, part of the GOLIN group and the wider IPG network of companies with more than 200 offices around the world as well as hubs in London, New York and Chicago.
The Health Education team is a specialist division focusing on medical education. We work across a diverse range of therapeutic areas including vaccines and infectious diseases, women’s health, transplant, multiple sclerosis, nephrology, rheumatology, dermatology and rare diseases. Our programmes span the spectrum from pre- to post-launch, and we work on global, region Europe and UK accounts. We have a diverse range of projects and work collaboratively with our clients to deliver creative and impactful medical education that makes a difference to healthcare professionals and patients.
When we choose to work in healthcare, we choose to work in an industry with people at its heart; we celebrate our differences and how we complement each other. But at Virgo, ‘Being Human’ is what unites us, and it’s fundamental to our culture. We show empathy and support for each other to grow our skills. embracing inclusive and flexible ways of working and rejecting outdated workplace culture. We have a brilliant team that works well together to deliver effective content and to celebrate our successes.
What will you be doing?
- Develop high quality medical/scientific content across the spectrum of commercial and medical project types
- Confidently develop appropriate messaging, including being aware of any client tactical/strategic plans and aligning to these
- Demonstrate disease or therapy area expertise on designated accounts
- Ensure the content produced is aligned with the client brief
- Demonstrate confidence in client-facing situations; the ability and willingness to lead client meetings and make presentations where necessary
- Provide guidance to other team members or Medical Writers
- Help troubleshoot and be solutions focused
- Drive a positive and collaborative working environment
- Be an active contributor during internal team meetings, e.g. SS/ES weeklies and HE huddles, by sharing best practice tips and volunteering to lead on specific scientific training sessions
- Set the example of ways of working for more junior team members
- A minimum of a BSc, masters and/or ideally a PhD in the sciences
- Successful track record of minimum ~5-6 years in medical writing within a healthcare communications agency
- Excellent scientific writing style and with skills to adapt content and style to different audience groups
- Excellent attention to detail – style/consistency, good grammar, scientific accuracy
- Ability to develop in-depth knowledge of therapeutic areas/medical products
- Understanding of drug development and compliance guidelines for the industry and medical writing, including but not limited to GPP, ABPI and the Sunshine Act
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to forecast and manage workload
- Flexible approach to working, with the ability to reprioritise and work under pressure when needed
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 2 volunteering days
- Monthly well-being allowance
- A fantastic office space in Shoreditch with a dog friendly policy
- Industry-leading gender neutral family friendly policies
- Clear career progression and excellent training programmes developed by our L&D Director
At IPG we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.