Senior Account Executive – Healthcare PR, up to £36k
London, England, United Kingdom
About Virgo Health
Virgo Health is a specialist health communications agency, part of the GOLIN group and the wider IPG network of companies with more than 200 offices around the world as well as hubs in London, New York and Chicago.
We are passionate about helping people to make better decisions around health and wellbeing. Whether it’s clinicians selecting the best treatment, patients understanding their disease better or empowering consumers to self-treat, we always make sure that the human aspect is at the heart of what we do. We work with pharmaceutical, diagnostic and consumer health companies, industry bodies, public and private health providers as well as patient organisations.
When we choose to work in healthcare, we choose to work in an industry with people at its heart; we celebrate our differences and how we complement each other. But at Virgo, ‘Being Human’ is what unites us, and it’s fundamental to our culture. We show empathy and support for each other to grow our skills. embracing inclusive and flexible ways of working and rejecting outdated workplace culture. We have a brilliant team that works well together to deliver effective content and to celebrate our successes.
What is the role?
As a Senior Account Executive (SAE) you will play a key role in the smooth running of client accounts, developing strong client relationships and delivering projects and content. As an SAE, you will coordinate your workload, and the workloads of those reporting to you to deliver high standards of work to deadlines while prioritising to manage time effectively.
What will you be doing?
- Develop materials that are tailored to different types of media/clients to a good standard ready for delivery
- Liaising with clients, playing an active role in any team meetings or teleconferences and leading on some projects/activities, as well as leading on some client calls
- Manage client requests in a proactive and timely manner, offering solutions to issues that may arise and what is required to resolve them
- Supporting AEs/JAEs in smooth running of accounts, ensuring call readiness, overseeing updates to status reports and developing and managing effective account team administrative procedures, e.g., printing, binding, scanning, team action lists etc
- Manage small projects from start to end, including effective time and project management, factoring in senior review, editorial and design
- Have a strong understanding of the media landscape, target journalists and how to sell in
- Oversee and carry out, where necessary, review and referencing of documents and Veeva uploads (or similar), ensuring high quality referencing
- Play an active role in your peer group meetings and participate in wider company activity to build specialist knowledge and experience
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a healthcare communications agency
- Degree or graduate calibre skills and qualifications
- Understanding of healthcare media and social media platforms and expertise in developing content for these channels
- Excellent organisation and administration skills and ability to coordinate workload effectively working to deadlines as an individual, and supporting the team deliver projects in a timely manner to clients
- Good knowledge of pharma industry and its regulations
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills as part of a high performing team
What do we offer?
- Flexible working
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 2 volunteering days
- Monthly well-being allowance
- A fantastic office space in Shoreditch with a dog friendly policy
- Industry-leading gender neutral family friendly policies
- Clear career progression and excellent training programmes developed by our L&D Director
At IPG we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.