Associate Director – Healthcare PR, up to £90k
London, England, United Kingdom
Virgo Health is a specialist health communications agency, part of the GOLIN group and the wider IPG network of companies with more than 200 offices around the world as well as hubs in London, New York and Chicago.
We are passionate about helping people to make better decisions around health and wellbeing. Whether it’s clinicians selecting the best treatment, patients understanding their disease better or empowering consumers to self treat, we always make sure that the human aspect is at the heart of what we do. We work with pharmaceutical, diagnostic and consumer health companies, industry bodies, public and private health providers as well as patient organisations. We support clients across the communications spectrum.
When we choose to work in healthcare, we choose to work in an industry with people at its heart; we celebrate our differences and how we complement each other. But at Virgo, ‘Being Human’ is what unites us, and it’s fundamental to our culture. We show empathy and support for each other to grow our skills. embracing inclusive and flexible ways of working and rejecting outdated workplace culture. We have a brilliant team that works well together to deliver effective content and to celebrate our successes.
What will you be doing?
As an associate director, you will be a key overseer of the account, providing strategy and guidance while still getting stuck in with content development and review. You will be involved in strategic planning and issues management, providing solid direction to the team and to clients. You will coordinate actions, managing both up and down to ensure we deliver high standards of work to deadlines, embedding strategy and insight throughout, and understand the broader environment and implications for the team and account.
What are we looking for?
- Several years’(7-9) experience in pharmaceutical PR with a strong understanding of data and regulatory communications
- Ability to earn the confidence of clients and developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience in the development of high-performing teams to deliver excellence
- Experience in building and growing businesses as a management team member
- Experience delivering new business pitches
- Experience of budgeting and managing account finances
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to coordinate workload effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good knowledge of pharma industry and its regulations
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 2 volunteering days
- Monthly well-being allowance
- A fantastic office space in Shoreditch with a dog friendly policy
- Clear career progression and leading training programmes developed by our L&D Director
At IPG we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.