Senior Account Manager – Healthcare PR, £45-55k
London, England, United Kingdom
Virgo Health is a specialist health communications agency, part of the GOLIN group and the wider IPG network of companies with more than 200 offices around the world as well as hubs in London, New York and Chicago.
We are passionate about helping people to make better decisions around health and wellbeing. Whether it’s clinicians selecting the best treatment, patients understanding their disease better or empowering consumers to self treat, we always make sure that the human aspect is at the heart of what we do. We work with pharmaceutical, diagnostic and consumer health companies, industry bodies, public and private health providers as well as patient organisations. We support clients across the communications spectrum.
When we choose to work in healthcare, we choose to work in an industry with people at its heart; we celebrate our differences and how we complement each other. But at Virgo, ‘Being Human’ is what unites us, and it’s fundamental to our culture. We show empathy and support for each other to grow our skills. embracing inclusive and flexible ways of working and rejecting outdated workplace culture. We have a brilliant team that works well together to deliver effective content and to celebrate our successes.
What is the role?
As a Senior Account Manager (SAM) you will be pivotal to the smooth running of client accounts, leading strong client relationships and delivering projects and content. You will coordinate actions, managing both up and down, to ensure we are delivering high standards of work to deadlines and prioritising to manage time effectively.
What will you be doing?
- Manage client requests and troubleshoot issues were necessary; this includes advising and managing the team on what is required to resolve them being the lead go to person across all account activities
- Develop impactful materials across the spectrum of pharma PR that are tailored to different audiences and ready for delivery
- Reviewing others’ work and providing clear direction on how content may be improved
- Identify opportunities for organic growth with existing clients
- Support senior team in the development of new business pitches
- Prioritising your own workload and those of your team to deliver work to deadline, troubleshooting and offering solutions as needed
- Manage medium/larger projects from start to end, including effective time and project management, factoring in senior review, editorial and design
- Take personal responsibility for the day to day delivery of projects against agreed plans, including keeping projects to timelines (internal and external) and budget, proactively flagging any deviation to clients, with solutions
What are we looking for?
- Several years’(3-5) experience in pharmaceutical PR with some understanding of data and regulatory communications
- Good understanding of healthcare media and social media platforms, and expertise in developing content for these channels
- Experience earning the confidence of clients and developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience of budgeting and managing account finances
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to coordinate workload effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of and experience in contributing to new business and pitching
- Good knowledge of pharma industry and its regulations
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 2 volunteering days
- Monthly well-being allowance
- A fantastic office space in Shoreditch with a dog friendly policy
- Clear career progression and leading training programmes developed by our L&D Director
At IPG we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.