If there’s one thing we know, it’s that we owe our success to our people and the special culture they’ve helped us build. We work hard, we celebrate our success, we develop and nurture our people and we know how to have fun. It’s one of the reasons that people love working with us, and our clients will tell you that we have some of the most talented and creative people in the business – and we’d agree.
We make no apology for boasting about our brilliant team and the great work we do. We are ambitious and made up of diverse personalities, each of whom shares our passion for delivering healthcare communications with a human touch. We are building an agency for the future, if you’re interested to learn more about Virgo, we’d love to hear from you.
Associate Director, Healthcare PR – 12 months FTC
London, England, United Kingdom
Virgo Health is a is a specialist health communications agency with deep knowledge and experience in science, drug discovery and development, healthcare, clinical practice, regulatory issues, and consumer wellness. We are part of the GOLIN group and the wider IPG network of companies with more than 200 offices around the world and hubs in London, New York and Chicago.
We combine deep knowledge and experience in science, clinical practice, and public health with the best in consumer creative and branding – progressive, innovative and bold. Our high performing teams strive for excellence in everything they do and we are proud to be 2021 PR Week Healthcare and Pharma Awards Agency of the year. We have been a Great Place to Work 11 years in a row and in 2020 created the most awarded Healthcare PR campaign of the year, culminating in the PRCA Campaign of the Year.
Choosing to work in healthcare is choosing to work in an industry with people at its heart. This is fundamental to our Virgo culture of “Being Human”. We show empathy and support for each other to grow our skills. We celebrate our differences and how we complement each other, embracing inclusive and flexible ways of working and rejecting outdated workplace culture. We have a brilliant team that works well together to deliver great work and to celebrate its successes.
The team is excited to announce a new Senior Account Director/Associate Director position within the healthcare communications department. This is a 12 months fixed term contract.
What will you be doing?
- Lead development of strategic programmes, agreeing programme activity and financial arrangements with the client
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key clients and external stakeholders and identify opportunities to work in partnerships
- Set performance targets with the client, monitor account progress against targets and make necessary changes to achieve these
- Take accountability for profitable management of accounts and team budget
- Provide strategic and tactical input into client proposals and present confidently at pitches and meetings
- Direct the team appropriately to address outside issues that may impact upon programme and client objectives
- Set expectations, standards and manage team members, coaching and developing them to achieve their potential
- Strong UK media experience
- Extensive experience working in an agency leading pharmaceutical accounts
- Good knowledge of pharma industry and its regulations
- Business acumen to ensure profitability of accounts, forecasting and financial planning and to look for and drive organic growth
- Excellent project management skills
- Lead and develop high performing teams to deliver excellence
- Experience in vaccines or infectious diseases is an advantage
At IPG DXTRA we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.