London, England, United Kingdom
A Finance Analyst is an experienced finance professional who has a real interest in figures and is keen to learn about different aspects of Finance. This is a development role, so there’ll be lots to learn. Ideally you’ll have some experience of working in high volume data processing environment, where attention to detail is key. You will support and assist billing, WIP, accounts payable and credit control management, ensure efficiency, accuracy and adherence to group policy and reporting under the guidance of the Finance Manager.
Core responsibilities and capabilities:
Invoicing and SAP Maintenance
- Ensure all invoices for fees and costs are raised as per the client’s requirements
- Ensure that time is matched appropriately for both of the divisions
- Maintain client data forms
- Ensure that all new jobs are opened and codes provided to the divisions, old jobs are closed down and any balances cleared
- Ensure that employees for the divisions are maintained at the correct grade/rate
- Take responsibility for producing weekly missing timesheet reports for the business and ensure employees identified with missing time are notified and details communicated
- Ensure that no WIP items are out standing over a period of 60 days and ensure that all WIP items for the division area get billed
- Provide monthly aged WIP reports with detailed commentary on action points for internal distribution
- Take responsibility for controlling and monitoring the WIP account for the division
Revenue and Forecasting
- Attend revenue meetings and work closely with the agency team to ensure that the fee forecast is accurate and updated. Interrogate any changes and flag potential issues to the Finance Manager.
- Ensure that all revenue is backed up by correct client documentation and ensure that revenue recognition is in line with Sarbox / IPG requirements.
- Maintain on file all necessary documentation to recognise inter agency revenue.
- Maintain overall revenue in accordance with the fee forecast and update Finance Manager with any discrepancies
- Assist with any audit queries
- Demonstrate an understanding of the overall business strategy
- Assist with the delivery of the finance business plan and delivers on the action plan
- Actively contribute and participate in finance team meetings
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ billing experience within a professional agency environment
- Proven billing experience within a PR, Media or creative industry
- Preferable experience using SAP
- Be used to working in a fast paced agency environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- A team player with a pro-active approach to getting tasks done
- Be a confident communicator used to dealing with multiple teams and stakeholders at various levels.
- Excel skills to v-lookup/pivot table level
- Team player
- Self-motivated and confident
- Open communication
- Embracing change
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Virgo Health. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.