Junior Account Executive – Healthcare PR
London, England, United Kingdom
About Virgo Health
Virgo Health is a is a specialist health communications agency with deep knowledge and experience in science, drug discovery and development, healthcare, clinical practice, regulatory issues, and consumer wellness. We are part of the GOLIN group and the wider IPG network of companies with more than 200 offices around the world and hubs in London, New York and Chicago.
We combine deep knowledge and experience in science, clinical practice, and public health with the best in consumer creative and branding – progressive, innovative and bold. Our high performing teams strive for excellence in everything they do and we are proud to be 2021 PR Week Healthcare and Pharma Awards Agency of the year. We have been a Great Place to Work 11 years in a row and in 2020 created the most awarded Healthcare PR campaign of the year, culminating in the PRCA Campaign of the Year.
Choosing to work in healthcare is choosing to work in an industry with people at its heart. This is fundamental to our Virgo culture of “Being Human”. We show empathy and support for each other to grow our skills. We celebrate our differences and how we complement each other, embracing inclusive and flexible ways of working and rejecting outdated workplace culture. We have a brilliant team that works well together to deliver great work and to celebrate its successes.
As a junior account executive (JAE) you will be in a trainee role. As well as demonstrating a real thirst to understand the healthcare industry and to develop PR abilities, you will play a key role in the smooth running of client accounts, with the main responsibilities being to provide logistical and administrative support while learning PR skills and processes. The JAE role will allow you to demonstrate key skills and behaviours required to be a PR professional, consistently delivering high standards of work to deadlines and the ability to multitask and prioritise in order to manage time effectively.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a knowledge of the products and disease areas that you work in and the role that communications plays in supporting them.
- Support senior team with fundamental research for proposals and new business pitches.
- Proactively develop own media knowledge and understanding of the different types of media and journalists.
- Play an active role in VHC morning media scanning and take responsibility for ensuring that clients receive daily coverage reports in a timely fashion.
- Work within agreed budgets and time allocation for jobs and accurately input hours worked.
- Build good rapport with clients, playing an active role in any team meetings or teleconferences you attend.
- Keep updated on new developments within PR and marketing including competitor activity.
- Develop an understanding of how press materials are tailored to different types of media.
Who are you?
- Educated to degree level (scientific degree is preferable)
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Systematic and logical approach to planning
- Computer literate with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of using social media e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Vine
- Attention to detail.
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Virgo Health. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.