Senior Account Executive Comms & Logistics
New York, New York, United States
Senior Account Executive – Communications & Operations
Virgo Health works for pharmaceutical, biotech, and device companies to inform and educate healthcare professionals about the latest developments in clinical research and therapeutic approaches. We leverage our meetings, digital, and interactive expertise to understand what’s easy and relevant for healthcare professionals to engage with. We tailor our content and design it to offer choice and active participation. Real, relevant, and human.
The senior account executive – communications & operations (SAE) will be responsible for the day-to-day management of project deliverables, working closely with their direct manager and client service, creative, and editorial teams to drive project deliverables. The SAE will have an understanding of project needs and timelines and will create communications and other tactics based on need.
The SAE will be expected to develop an understanding of internal and client processes to successfully usher projects through completion, with limited supervision. The SAE will also have solid but developing understanding of the agency role and will expand their project management, communications, and logistics skills.
• Day-to-day management of project deliverables
o Develop speaker and field communications across brands and projects
o Ensure consistency of speaker communications across brands and projects
• Prepare communications packets based on project type and execution of initiatives
• Prepare ancillary items for live and virtual events and support the QC of data for each item
• Assist in project status calls and notetaking
• Maintain a working knowledge of all projects to assist in the preparation of agendas and timelines
• Prepare project/event trackers with HCP names, demographics, and project-specific data fields. Use tracker for creation of recipient lists, import them into a letter/communication template, and QC each new document to ensure it matches the original data
• Track responses in Excel and maintain daily updates to be shared with the team each morning
• Prepare internal communications timeline for routing of communications to editorial and client service teams before scheduled deployment date
• Manage client initiatives calendar for all outgoing communications to ensure no overlap
• Regularly update line manager on progress and any changes to ongoing project deliverables
• Monitor shared client mailboxes and flag any speaker inquiries to line manager in a timely manner
• Ensure all written communications adhere to the client style format and quality standards
• Accurately input hours worked into timesheets on SAP
• Develop a sound understanding of the agency role and industry
• Develop the ability to effectively manage timelines and deliverables to the client’s expectations
• Build a high-level knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and Virgo environment and offerings
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Accurate data management across multiple Excel files
• Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
• Base-level project and time management skills
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure
• Proactive self-starter
• Excellent editing and quality control skills
• Ability to receive and implement feedback
Level of Experience
• 1-3+ years of experience at a healthcare communications and/or logistics company
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science preferred
• Team player
• Passionate commitment
• Professionalism and client focus
• Embraces change
• Detail focused
Key Performance Indicators
• Annual performance objectives and performance appraisal
• Anecdotal client and supplier feedback
• Client retention
Virgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.